Trail Closures & Notices
Greenways for Nashville works in partnership with Metro Nashville Parks and Recreation’s Greenways and Open Space Division to keep this page as up to date as possible. However, some closures and trail advisories are made on an emergency basis for the safety and well-being of trail users.
Descriptions of scheduled closures and links to more information, including maps, are below.
Whites Creek Greenway Closure
Whites Creek Greenway temporarily closed to through traffic from Mullins Park to the Hartman Park Community Center – Updated 11/9/2020
- A segment of the Whites Creek Greenway is temporarily closed (see map)
- Reason: the Tennessee Department of Transportation is performing road upgrades on Clarksville Highway, and construction will last approximately 18 months
- Greenway users will still be able to enjoy 3 different sections of that stretch of the Whites Creek Greenway:
- Mullins Park Loop (0.8 Miles)
- Greenway from Mullins Park to Clarksville HWY and back (1 mile)
- Greenway from the Hartman Park Community Center to Clarksville HWY and back (2 miles)
Brookmeade Greenway Safety Notice
For public safety, Greenways for Nashville advises against visiting the Brookmeade Greenway due to homeless encampments in the area – Updated 1/7/2021
For more information, we refer you to Metro’s Homeless Impact Division: https://www.nashville.gov/departments/social-services/homeless-impact-division
Mill Creek Greenway at Whitsett Park Closure
A section of the Mill Creek Greenway along Old Glenrose Ave. at Whitsett Park is closed – Updated 1/20/2022
A section of the greenway that bridges over storm-water piping collapsed in a March 2021 flooding event and remains closed. Repairs are being managed by Metro Water Services and a timeline is TBD.