Trail Closures & Notices
Please read below for information regarding greenway trail closures and notices.
Greenways for Nashville works in partnership with Metro Nashville Parks and Recreation’s Greenways and Open Space Division to keep this page as up to date as possible. However, some closures and trail advisories are made on an emergency basis for the safety and well-being of trail users. Please watch for these signs during your visit. Descriptions of closures and links to more information, including maps, are below.
*For more information, visit Metro Nashville Parks and Recreation Greenways and Open Space.
Shelby Bottoms Greenway Trail Closure & Notice - Updated 4/20/2020
Due to erosion of river embankments sustained from flooding, work has begun to relocate Shelby Bottoms Greenway Pedestrian Bridge #5 farther away from the river and to realign the paved trail.
- Due to erosion of river banks sustained from flooding, Shelby Bottoms Greenway Bridge #5 has been relocated farther away from the Cumberland River.
- The bridge is open at the new location with temporary gravel approach ramps.
- Construction of the new paved connector trail will begin the week of April 20, 2020.
- During the first phase of construction, the unpaved Raccoon Den Trail and Native Grounds Trail will be closed. Users may still access the Shelby Bottoms Greenway and Pedestrian Bridge #5 using the greenway through-route.
Stones River Greenway Trail Closure & Notice - Updated 6/17/2020
- Trail temporarily closed around .75 mile from the Kohl’s Trailhead going toward the Percy Priest Dam and 2.0 miles when coming from the Percy Priest Dam Trailhead.
- Reason: Storm damage that felled trees that destroyed approximate 60’ of the boardwalk